Search This Blog

Friday, February 26, 2010

Unpacking...it's an art form and thanks to my family I didn't have to learn it!


Let me start off by saying I LOVE MY NEW HOUSE! This house couldn't be more "me"! from the layout, to the color scheme (thanks for the help mom), to the kitchen (my personal favorite part), to the "man cave", to the art and craft corner, and the backyard! I have a list about 10 miles long of what and when for this place! And so far, Home Depot knows me by name and bank account...


So I realized, unpacking is like getting new stuff! I packed 9 weeks ago, so I didn't even remember I owned some of this stuff. And I'm pretty sure my family slipped some stuff they no longer wanted/needed into the pile as well...ha ha. Last night my kitchen was officially COMPLETED! Everything has it's place and I actually have room to spare (except in the pantry, but I buy too much!) My linen closet is stocked, the bathrooms are complete, and the kids rooms...let's just say there is a dent...


I'm really excited about the basement! James has his man cave and I don't care what he does with it! So far he's got glowing Nintendo lights to plug in, movie posters, and game posters. He's like a kid in a candy store. And the kids! Oh the kids! They have their own space down there! They've got and art center (thanks to the world's best sister... MINE!) They have an easel and a huge art table to keep everything in! Never again will we wonder where it's "safe" to paint!


But if it weren't for my family I would never have any of this! My wonderful husband let ME pick out the house without any trepidation. He let me pick all of the colors (even though he hates the living room). My kids happily sleep in their own rooms and their own beds! My dad has put in countless hours painting, repairing, remodeling, moving, and shopping! I get choked up just thinking about the sweat he's putting into this for me! My sister has unpacked, painted, sorted, and done so much...all with a toddler in tow! My mother and grandmother have organized, unpacked, and sorted! I just am the luckiest person on earth! I will never find ways to express my gratitude to my family! I am so lucky and probably pretty undeserving of these wonderful people! So thank you all for making this art form something I didn't have to learn! I love you all!!!

2 comments:

  1. You deserve every bit of it! I'm more than a little jealous and hoping we can share in the 'homeowner' joy soon as well :) Enjoy every minute of it, you've earned it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy! You are so great!

    ReplyDelete