Search This Blog

Friday, February 12, 2010

Uh, oh, Mommy can't be sick!


This morning my alarm was going off and I was too sound asleep to hear it. I felt a shake on arm and heard a gentle "Mommy, it's time to get up." It was my 5 year old trying to gently wake me from my medicine induced slumber.


I turned over and smiled. And he said, "Mommy, you smell sick." I said, "Mommy doesn't feel good buddy. But I'm going to get up." He said, "Wait a minute." He touched my forehead with his palm, shook his head, put his lips and cheek on my forehead and said, "Mommy, you're burning up! I'm gonna have to stay home from school today to take care of you!" I smiled, thinking what a sweet boy I have! I looked at him and explained, "Buddy, you don't have school today. That's why Granny stayed the night." He smiled wide and looked at me and said, "Oh, in that case why don't you take a shower and go to work."


Gotta love these babies! It makes everyday worth while. I did, in fact, get up and shower. I then made it to work. Because all mommies know that we save our sick days for the kids!


ttfn

No comments:

Post a Comment