Search This Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2010

"Thursday is like Friday Eve! I'm not gonna be able to sleep tonight! Get out the milk and cookies, cause Friday's almost here!"


I don't know about you, but on Thursday's I always get my second wind. I feel like this week couldn't have possibly been THAT bad, and that there is only one more work day left. It's kind of like Christmas Eve or the day before Vacation. You're waiting, and waiting for Christmas to get there and then Christmas Eve comes and you're feeling like it came fast and are renewed. You can't sleep, but you're renewed.

This time I'm excited for Friday because, Friday night I'm going to be over my "new house" pulling an all nighter to make sure that every last piece of everything is out of my apartment! I want to sleep there by Sunday! I'm determined to get this all done!! Then, after the new house glow wears off, and mortgageville rolls in it will all be too clear! The stress will be back, but the good stress. The gaining equity stress my parents won't shut up about. The kids will be in their own room. Thank you Jesus! And I will unpack. My stuff will feel like new! Mostly since I haven't used it in over 9 weeks...I'm an early packer with issues! It's amazing what you can live without!

That last little bit of throwing all willie nillie will be the death of me though. James informed me last night that I was to spend Saturday throwing everything that was "left" into boxes. I let it sink in for about 5 minutes, rolled over and tapped his shoulder. He looked back at me, and I said, "Yea, I should just tell you now, I'm not gonna pack." He looked back at me and said, "What??" "I said, I'm not gonna pack, I thought I should let you know. I'm really over it. I'll go and help you with the house, and I will unpack everything all by myself, and help move...but yea, I'm not packing anymore." Just like that...I have to chuckle thinking about it really. He just smiled at me and said, "Okay honey. You've done a lot. I understand." And that is when I came to the realization, that I may actually be done! I may not have to argue with my loving husband one more time. So I've marked my calendar! It's complete! And Thursday Eve is now the most exciting day ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment