Search This Blog

Monday, February 15, 2010

The Modern Day Mom and the Lack of Children Around


Let me start by saying, I have never seen this much snow in my entire life! 12 inches in 24 hours in Kentucky is unheard of! They called for 4-6 but my my they were wrong...

So in preparation of the inevitable snow, I sent the kids packing to Mom's house. My sister is a wonderful "stay at home mom" (she and her husband rent the basement at my parent's house), my mother has Monday's off, and my grandmother (who lives with my parents) is home. So the kids were off to "every one's" house. James and I came home to an empty house (with the exception of Jackson), and went into separate rooms to finish laundry. I finished up the kids laundry and James ours. I love it that my hubby does laundry, but we'll have the 50/50 blog later. So laundry is finished rather quickly (because there are no interruptions) and we sit and watch a scary movie. That's a typical V-day staple for us. You'd think romantic night right...HAHAHAHAHA! Yea, we have two kids...so as predicted we're in bed asleep by 10. OH the glorious night of sleep with no interruptions...ha! The poor kid in the upstairs apartment was sick so not so...but I digress.

I called the kids twice to see how they were. My mom said they were all slap happy and having a ball! Great news! They were doing pajama day. I explained that we probably wouldn't get them tonight as the snow would not stop falling. She said she figured as much and had them prepared for that news. So when schools called off and James and I went home for another kid free night we thought..."what will we do now?" Nothing! We are obviously the most boring people on earth. Because he's playing Xbox and, well, I'm blogging. I'm so bored off my behind and the lack of kid sounds are deafening. I actually even called them to dinner, obviously they didn't respond.

So why is it that I can't wait for an off day as a mom and as soon as it gets here I'm a lonely mess? I get annoyed with the complete and utter chaos that is my everyday life, but it's what makes me breathe! It's what makes my life complete! So in the end, "sometimes I sit back and wonder 'what if' I had made this decision instead of that one...and then I look at my children and realize...it doesn't matter."

I love those babies more than life itself. I love the fits, the fights, the hugs, the cries, the moans, the smiles, the kisses, and most of all, the unconditional love! They are the reason life is worth living, and work is worth working!

ttfn

No comments:

Post a Comment