Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Apparently I'm a Nazi??? What?

Sometimes you just have to laugh! It's all we can do to get through the day. I laughed a lot today.
Pretend that you know what I mean when I say I want to take a sling shot and shoot someones eye out!
STRESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
We all have it! Sometimes it's worse than other times...today seems to be one of those worse days...

Let's start by saying this, I have a problem with some forms of assertiveness. People who know me will surely be shocked to find this out, because in my social life I generally do not have a problem with it, but in my business life I don't want to offend anyone. So, I try to stay calm, cool, and collected no matter what the circumstance...there's your background.

I think I'm pretty nice and accommodating to people so today when I simply asked someone to turn in their keys after they vacated 3 weeks ago I expected them to say, "OH, I'm so sorry, I completely forgot." Instead I was called a Nazi and told that I was a demanding shrew...and that I was mean, forceful, and threatening. And the keys were tossed on my desk, although I'm sure they were meant at me directly, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

I shrugged this off thinking that this person must be having a terrible day...and moved on with mine. So when I was threatened by someone else, saying that I was unfair for asking them to pay their living expenses I was even more taken aback. I explained that as part of their agreement they had to pay these things, I was told that they twisted their leg getting into their car and they were now going to take it out on us because we've created an unsafe environment for them..OH MY!

So again, I got over it and went on with my day, so imagine my shock when someone tried to blackmail me...like I even have anything to blackmail...seriously! I was told that they could no longer afford their place. I apologized and explained the legal terms and the option for the student wife to gain employment as they had no children. I was told then that their heater was broken and causing the bills to sky rocket and that's why they couldn't pay. I sent maintenance over to fix the problem and explained that the energy company said they hadn't been paying the full bill and that is why the next one was high, due to rollover. Then they had pests and could not deal with them. When I called the exterminator and he alleviated them of the pests I was told they could no longer stay there due to the pest spray. I explained that by state regulations we used stuff that was not harmful to people. That's when they found out they were pregnant...yup, right there in my office...that very moment they decided to break it to me. So I offered them comparable accommodations since they just couldn't live in these...thought it was over. Boy I should know by this time in my day it's never over. They "countered" (like that was an option) with paying more than $200 less than the one bedroom price for a two bedroom. Trust me when I said that I tried very hard not to laugh. When I explained that it wasn't an option they threatened to post the pictures of the deplorable all over!

Suffice to say, I've given up on this day. My sister is making me some homemade spaghetti and meatballs and I'm going to eat my emotions...because between the drama of buying a house, raising a family, being a fire fighter's wife, and working full time...eating my emotions is the safest route!

At least I can laugh about it now that it's over....say la vie

ttfn!

No comments:

Post a Comment