Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Oh Snow!

The beautiful snow is falling down and hitting the earth. It looks like a veritable winter wonderland around here. I walk to work, at least for the time being...so why do I dislike this weather so bad? SNOW DAYS...that's why...schools are down, and for anyone with elementary children you know it's next to impossible to find daycare of days like this. I know tons of moms that don't work, but it's not their job to watch my kids! At least that's how I look at it. I'm sure that they are fully capable, and the kids would love it. But who am I to pawn off my kids on them on their day to frolic with their children. So my husband and I alternate vacation days (they should really call them time off for kid days because I never actually vacation with them). And when I say alternate, I mean he takes one for my every 11...but such is the life of a working mom.
Luckily, or unluckily on some occasions, I have the luxury of occasionally bringing my children to work with me. On those days we pack the whole house...all of the barbies, both of the Nintendo DS's, board games, coloring items, videos, snacks, more snacks, lunches and by 10am they are stir crazy. But I do not have to take vacation time on these occasions, and that to me is sometimes worth it. And there are times (like the second snow day in a row) that my boss will look at me with a furrowed brow and squint...this means if you even ask about bringing those kids I will kill you. So I let her know that if there is a snow day I will not be in.
So enough about the snow...I've got to get dinner plans ready, we're having roasted groundhog.

ttfn

No comments:

Post a Comment