Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

7 days and 7 ways of getting closer to the kids!


I was getting ready for bed last night when I realized...I had only spent quality time with the kids for an hour that night! Is this how I want them to remember me? No way!!! Although Monday nights are super busy for us I let them run downstairs while I did house work upstairs. If I feel guilty now, imagine what I'll feel like when they are grown and gone! So I devised a plan! I'm calling it 7 days, and 7 ways to get closer to my kids! I'm determined to do something, super interactive each night for the next 7 days without fail! Then, I'll try to implement it every night there after! But I needed a goal! So 7 days! There it is! I will blog the following day about what we did.


Tonight's plan:


Game night! Disney Monopoly, finger foods, laying on the couch, and reading together!


I want the end result to be that the kids feel closer to me and want to share things more with me. And I want to know more about what they do every day and what they want from Mommy! So here it goes! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. It's obvious your kids adore you and are comfortable with you (hence all of the whining, they don't do that as much to people they aren't sure about hehe) but I think what you are doing is awesome! I'm going to get on board with you too, we do crafts but we don't have alot of games that we can all play together. I'm going to remedy that so we have more opportunities to spend time as a family :) Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete