Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Yummy 4 point Veal



So let me pre-empt by saying I have never had veal before! I was against it because of the treatment of the animals...but all good Chef's must use all good food. So I sucked it up and decided to make Veal (one of my husband's favorites.) I made Veal Cutlets with Wine Braised Mushrooms (for you fellow WWers it was only 4 points per serving).

Ingredients


  • 1 lb. Veal scaloppine

  • 1/4 c. all purpose flour

  • 2 tsp evoo (extra virgin olive oil) divided

  • 1 (8 oz package) of pre-sliced mushrooms

  • 1/4 c. of sliced green onions

  • 1/3 c. low sodium beef or chicken broth (I prefer chicken)

  • 1/4 c. your favorite dry wine (I used Cupcake Riesling)

  • 1/4 c. water

  • 1/2 c. chopped seeded tomato

  • 1/2 tsp. salt

  • 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper

  • 2 tbsp. chopped basil (if you use dry only do 1 1/2 tbsp.)

Instructions


Dredge veal in flour. Heat nonstick skillet over medium/high heat. Add veal and cook 2 minutes per side. Transfer veal to a serving platter; cover and keep warm. Add mushrooms and green onions to renderings in pan and saute 1 1/2 minutes until tender. Combine broth, wine, and water. Add to pan, scraping pan to loosen those yummy brown bits. Stir in tomato, salt and pepper. Then add veal back in to rewarm it.


I put it over brown rice (2 points) and serve. So good, I only ate a small piece of veal but James ate the entire pan...LOL



Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious!!! We've been leaning towards the vegetarian side of things lately though...I wonder what I could substitute??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would think really think chicken cutlets, or maybe some...dare I say it...tofu...LOL

    ReplyDelete