Search This Blog

Saturday, August 14, 2010

MMM...MMM...Mini Caesar Salad Bites


Tonight at our house was a night of mini's, or tapas, depending on who you talk to. I decided to make this a game for the kids. I made all different tapas and color coded them with toothpicks. The more fruit, veg, meat the kids eat the more toothpicks. The most toothpicks wins! One of the dishes was a big surprise. Mini Caesar Salad Bites. Lettuce leaves, small chicken bites, prosciutto, anchovies, homemade dressing, hard boiled egg. Yum! They are little and so great!


I got pre-made chicken that just needed warmed up.

Broiled prosciutto

2 hard boiled eggs

sliced anchovies

lettuce leaves pulled apart

miracle whip

white vinegar

water

Parmesan cheese


For dressing, mix 1 tbsp of mayo, 1 tbsp of water and 1 tsp of white vinegar.


I pulled apart the lettuce leaves and set them as cups.

Put the pieces of chicken in the cups.

Put the sliced egg and prosciutto in the cup.

Put an anchovy on top.

Sprinkled parm on top.

Poured dressing over the top

2 comments:

  1. The kids ate anchovies???! If they did, WOW, you go girl!! hehe I can't even make myself eat those little suckers! lol Other than those this sounds absolutely delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They did, but I never told them, LOL I chopped them really fine!

    ReplyDelete