Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Blogger's change


So I think I'm going to change the blog up a bit...I think I want to make it an easy recipe site for working moms (or non working moms). A site where they can have fun go to recipes. Some kid friendly, and some probably not. Stuff I make up and stuff I just love! I'm not generally very crafty or creative but I have an insane passion for cooking! I always share my favorite recipes with my friends because they always ask...LOL


For my first recipe:


Jamie's jalapeno popper burgers


These can be made with real meat or soy (which is a staple in our house)


Ingredients

5 fresh jalapenos

1 lb ground beef (I used Laura's Lean 4% fat)

fresh shallot

3/4 cup of panko bread crumbs

salt

pepper

1 egg or egg substitute (I used sub)

Worcestershire sauce (to taste)

1 container of cream cheese (I use Weight Watcher's Whipped because it's so yummy!)


Instructions

Dice up jalapenos very small. Dice up shallot to preferred size. Mix jalapeno, shallot, panko, salt, pepper, Worcestershire, and egg in bowl. Add to 1 lb. of beef. Mix up very well. Make your hamburgers and flatten out. Take a teaspoon of cream cheese (a bit more if you want, but not too much or the burger won't bind) and place the cheese in the middle. Seal the burger around the cheese and flatten to nice size. Repeat with remaining 3 burgers. Grill for about 5 minutes on each side or longer if you want them well done.


You can also make mini sliders with this! Super good, and mix up the ingredients. For the kids instead of jalapenos I put any veggie or ingredient they want and instead of cream cheese I put shredded Cheddar in theirs. They are so yummy!!!


Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. These look SO delicious! Rodney would totally love them! Would they work with regular breadcrumbs or do you think the panko make them less dense? I never think to get panko but I always have whole wheat italian breadcrumbs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. it would work with either...sorry i just figured out how to look at comments...LOL I would venture a guess that panko is in most groceries now.

    ReplyDelete