Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Water!


You know, I'm always telling my kids about drinking 8 glasses of water a day. Brooklynn said to me the other day..."You know Mom, it's not as easy as you think." Thinking that I obviously know more than my 7 year old I told her, in my best mom voice, "Why yes it is!" Then she said, "Then you do it." Well, normally I would get annoyed at her snippity comment, but this time I thought I will. And I'll show you.


Well, phew! Did I show her! This morning I picked up 2 bottles of 33.8 oz. water. I figured that if I had only 2 bottles it wouldn't seem like a tough feat. So I got to work and cracked open the first bottle at about 9:15 (after my coffee). I chugged along rather quickly, not realizing how thirsty I was. At around 11:00 I hadn't realized that I had finished the entire 33.8 oz bottle. Wow, one down. That was too easy. So I cracked open the second one. I figured I would be able to tell Brooklynn just how easy it was that Mommy finished before lunch.


At gulp 3 of the second bottle I took a bathroom break. And that's when the flood gates opened, so to speak. Holy mother of God! This was not a good idea at work! Without going into too much detail. I have excused myself so many times that my boss asked if I was okay. I explained that I had just consumed 67 oz of water and what did she say to that? She chuckled. Well it was louder than a chuckle. She asked if the kids had anything to do with this. Was it that obvious?


Needless to say, I can tell Brooklynn that it is, in fact, possible to drink 8 glasses of water a day. Just not at work.


And look at me! I blogged... ;-P

No comments:

Post a Comment