Search This Blog

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl Sunday

When I think of Super Bowl Sunday, I think of two things...beer and bacon. Beer, because, what is better than watching the big game with your favorite brew? Well, that one thing is bacon! Sweet, salty, greasy bacon! MMMMM! So for my Super Bowl party, naturally I made things wrapped in bacon!
First up, Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers.












Ingredients:
Jalapenos
Cream Cheese (I use Weight Watchers)
Bacon
Directions:
I wear rubber gloves when making these, but you don't have to. Cut each jalapeno's top off. Then cut it in half length wise.









Scoop out all of the insides with a spoon.











Throw all of your garbage into your garbage bowl. After scooping out all of the insides stuff the jalapenos with your cream cheese. Then cut your bacon slices in half.











Then wrap the bacon around the jalapenos.











Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or so. I put my cooling wrack inside of my baking sheet so that the grease drains from the jalapenos. You can flip if you like halfway through cooking, but I seem to lose my cream cheese. And then the end result is following.













Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
Just the sound of this made me starving!

Ingredients:

Frozen Tiger Shrimp
Bacon
Garlic Powder
Salt

Directions:
Thaw the shrimp as directed on packaging. You don't have to do frozen shrimp, you can also use fresh.
Toss shrimp in garlic powder and salt.
Then wrap in bacon, place on pan (I did the same with the pan as I did with the poppers to have them drain). Then broil on high for 5 minutes on each side. And enjoy!











No comments:

Post a Comment